Heart & Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery.
Who we need
Reporting to the Director, Resuscitation, we need Marketing and Communications Specialist, Resuscitation. Based in any provincial office, this is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to play a role in enhancing the Foundation’s mission; someone who wants to develop and activate marketing and communications strategies to establish Resuscitation education products, position and differentiate them in the market. This is an opportunity to work closely with internal teams to inform Resuscitation marketing and communication plans.
Who you are
You are passionate about helping others and you want to play a role in advancing change within our health systems through increasing Resuscitation revenues by equipping regional resuscitation program managers to best promote resuscitation products in the marketplace, attract new customers, and better serve existing customers. You are a skilled communicator who is goal-oriented, flexible, and have the stamina to remain focused and resolute under pressure.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
Develop marketing strategy
- Develop marketing strategies and plans fr training products and resuscitation initiatives
- Work with the Resuscitation team and the Marketing & Communications team to identify the most relevant marketing tools and technology to support initiatives
Execute marketing strategy
- Actively execute marketing and communications plans for new and existing products (BLS, ACLS, PALS, PEARS, ACLS-EP, First Aid, Instructor training program)
- Develop, plan and implement promotional activities such as new product launches
- Work with various teams to develop, implement, and track marketing strategies and plans including key activities, timelines, metrics and budgets
- Create the tools and resources required to effectively sell the products
Perform market research and competitive analysis
- Understand, measure and optimize the customer journey as it relates to product adoption and usag
- Use market research data t help product team assess and determine product pricing and manage competitive intelligence and comparisons
- Understand and track business/consumer trends and win-loss analysis
- Develop and execute communication planning to ensure our instructor network is aware, engaged and able to execute on the timely implementation of operational directives.
- Identify appropriate communication methods and channels (email campaigns, social media, traditional mail, etc.) to maximize reach and ensure effective uptake of messages
What you bring:
- The Education. You have a Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business administration with an emphasis on marketing, or equivalent, Master’s level an asset.
- The experience. You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and brand marketing, and sales. Healthcare experience an asset.
- The communication and relationship building skills. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to tailor written communications to effectively reach various audiences.
- The ownership. You are self-motivated, proactive, and creatively resourceful - often while juggling several projects at once
- The analytical skills. You have superb solid project management skills and attention to detail.
- The technical abilities. You have a strong level of digital fluency - experience with Salesforce, especially Salesforce Marketing cloud, is an asset. You are also proficient with using word-processing and database applications. You are also comfortable and familiar using social media effectively.
- The adaptability. You are comfortable working as part of a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You can manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities.