Heart & Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery.
Who we need
Reporting to the Social Media and Community Manager, we need Coordinator, Social Media. Based in Toronto, this is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a movement that engages Canadians across the country; someone who wants to play a role in organizing social media projects that leverage the Foundation’s branded presence and drive consumer engagement in the social media environment. It’s a chance to work with internal teams, volunteers and donors.
Who you are
You are passionate about helping others and you want to play a role in advancing change within our health systems through using a combination of analytics and best practices in social media to help conceive and execute effective social-media campaigns, support community management and programs to meet the business requirements of a range of internal and external clients. You are detail-oriented, organized, creative with demonstrated knowledge of social media analytics and reporting.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
Support and organize content creation for all social media platforms
- Lead the development, scheduling and deployment of daily social content to a wide range of platforms that engage end users and generate business results
- Assist in ensuring content follows best practices, meets strategic priorities and adheres to various social parameters.
- Execute ad content to create engaging and activation-focused paid social campaigns to drive business results
- Host Facebook Lives or interviews for social storytelling at live events such as the Manulife Heart & Stroke Ride for Heart.
- Lead day-to-day moderation and management of Heart & Stroke’s National English & French Social Media communities.
- Bring forth insightful POVs regarding issues related to or relevant to our social communities, while representing the voice of our constituents across platforms and campaigns
- Engage and support internal stakeholders as needed to ensure community-based inquiries and communication are responded to within the established timelines.
- Spark conversations on social networking sites that are aligned with both end-user needs and Heart & Stroke business requirements
Reporting and analysis
- Assist in the development of monthly social media reports
- Assist with paid social media activities using Business Manager, Twitter Ads and LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Perform in-depth content analysis using Loco wise and Google Analytics to examine the significance of certain types of content over others and communicate how this performance impacts the overall social and content strategy
- Assist in delivering performance analysis to stakeholders and campaign teams both in real-time and post-campaign, with the ability to report on insights
What you bring
- The education and experience. Post-secondary education in digital marketing, copywriting, journalism or communications and 3+ years relevant experience in a social media or communications role.
- The exposure. You have a strong understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ad Platform) and Google Analytics. You also have a solid understanding of the overall digital marketing ecosystem.
- The communication skills. You have excellent communication skills pared with superior writing and copy-editing skills.
- The technical skills. You have excellent computer skills with sound working knowledge of PC applications (MS Office Suite) and social media channels/tools (Locowise, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Campaign Manager etc.)
- The analytical skills. You have strong attention to detail and solid project management skills.
- The flexibility. You can work independently and as part of a dynamic fast paced team. You can also work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.