This posting will remain open until October 4, 2019
Heart & Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery.
Who we need
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy we need a Manager, Marketing Strategy. Based in Toronto, this is a role for someone who wants to make a difference to the health of Canadians. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be a key contributor to the strategic planning and execution of Heart and Stroke’s priority initiatives; someone who wants to develop and lead the execution of strategic marketing plans in support of mission and fundraising goals to increase revenue, brand value, and drive impact. It’s a chance to work with internal departments, advertising and media agencies to help further Heart and Stroke’s strategic objectives.
Who you are
You are passionate about helping others and you want to play a role in advancing change within our health systems through leading cross-organization change. You have a constituent-centered mindset – putting people at the center of your thinking. You are pragmatic, resourceful, a self-starter, and have a deep appreciation and understanding of the key principals of successful marketing and advertising, business development, and execution.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
- Marketing Strategy Development & Campaign Planning
- Acquire a deep, holistic constituent understand of the brand to serve as the cornerstone for long-term growth of the Foundation
- Lead the development and execution with cross-functional teams to build out select priority areas’ holistic plans
- Collaborate with internal departments and market research vendors to uncover insights and develop relevant and effective marketing strategies in support of fundraising and mission programs
- Project Management and Execution
- Work with internal colleagues and external partners to implement business and marketing plans
- Manage planning and execution of all marketing initiatives for key programs, including stakeholder involvement and approvals
- Evaluate and measure the results of all campaigns as responses are received and modify campaign plans based on results accordingly
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Build and nurture strong relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external partners to engage required expertise and direction in developing marketing plan
- Leverage both internal and external input to ensure the effectiveness of the campaigns
What you bring
- The education and experience. You have a degree in Marketing or Business and 5+ years experience in brand marketing and/or strategic planning. Experience in the non-profit sector is not required, but a bonus.
- The leadership skills. You are self-aware, act with integrity, and willing to roll-up your sleeves and work with modest budgets while motivating others.
- The relationship building expertise. You can gain the trust of your team. You can inspire action, build momentum, and encourage change.
- The communication skills. You have outstanding written verbal, and presentation skills. You can appropriately adapt your communication style to different audiences to build persuasive arguments to support business goals.
- The innovation. You have the drive to find new, innovative solutions instead of defaulting to the status quo. You evaluate reasonable risk-taking opportunities and exercise sound judgement.