Heart & Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery.
Who we need
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Partnerships, we need a Senior Development, Corporate Partnerships. Based in Toronto, this is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to play an important role in enhancing the Foundation’s mission; someone who wants to maximize the Foundation’s revenue opportunities by developing meaningful partnerships with top companies in Canada. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to cultivate partnerships with corporations and brands that align with and will support the Foundation’s mission priorities. The role will focus on sponsorships, cause-marketing programs, corporate philanthropy and employee giving campaigns at the $25,000+ level while managing a large portfolio of clients.
Who you are
You are passionate creating partnerships of shared value and you want to play a role in advancing our mission through sourcing, qualifying, cultivating and closing new fundraising opportunities while stewarding and growing our existing partners at renewal. You are outgoing, personable, organized, analytical, and have the confidence to speak to the benefits of partnerships as they pertain to the Foundation’s mission priorities.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
- Partnership Identification and Revenue Development
- Source and manage a portfolio of $1M made up of approximately 50+ corporate partners and prospects
- Conduct prospect research and qualification with a goal of increasing annual growth of the portfolio through partnerships with corporations capable of making annual contributions of $25,000 or more.
- Collaborate with various business units to design and implement thoughtfully conceived and tailored strategies for solicitations
- Lead and conduct presentations and prospect meetings with assigned corporate accounts to solicit and secure partnerships
What you bring
- The education. You have a degree in Business Administration, Not-for-Profit Fundraising and/or Marketing
- The experience. You have 5-7 years of corporate fundraising with experience working in a large national charity closing partnerships at the $25K+ level
- The exposure. You have solid understanding of business management practices; sales and marketing best practices; and fundraising practices.
- The relationship building expertise. You have demonstrated success in the area of building networks and corporate relationships
- The communication skills. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills that demonstrates professionalism. You have previous experience leveraging contacts in the corporate marketplace to develop connections
- The analytical skills. You have solid project management and problem-solving skills. You can draw from a repertoire of knowledge, skills and resources to anticipate potential issues and proactively resolve them