Heart and Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease and stroke. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery. We do so by raising funds to support critical research, and by helping people reduce their risk of heart disease, stroke, and vascular cognitive impairment through risk factor awareness, promoting healthy lifestyles and advocating for healthy public policy. Six core values unite us: Champion Health, Practice Humility, Embrace Change, Drive Impact, Learn & Grow and Be Heartfelt.
Who we need
Reporting to the Senior Manager, CRM Solutions, we are looking for a Business Intelligence Reporting Developer to join our Information Management team. This is a chance to improve fundraising strategies, plan for future campaigns and forecast trends that will positively impact the lives of Canadians living with heart and brain disease. We need someone who is excited to develop a range of visual and text data outputs from ad-hoc queries and data exports as well as building standard reports which provide flexible program reporting, and campaign analysis to guide insights and decision making.
What’s in it for you?
National impact. This is a chance to capitalize on over one million data points generated by our newly implemented CRM system that encompasses constituent and marketing campaign data from coast-to-coast.
Career development. This is an opportunity to build out your role and introduce processes and best practices for leveraging Business Intelligence tools and the data warehouse solution across a variety of Heart and Stroke data solutions. You will grow your collaborative skills working with portfolio managers to understand business requirements and how to best provide data reports that fulfill those needs.
Who you are
You want to bring your expertise in Business Intelligence to the nonprofit sector where you can make a tangible difference to the organization’s success. You believe creating good management reports is exciting and you want a chance to leverage a vast amount of national data to answer the questions of a foundation. You want to be part of a team interacting with partners throughout the whole organization, bridging business and technology knowledge. You want an opportunity to help shape what business intelligence can offer to improve how the organization makes internal and external decisions.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
- A Business Intelligence strategy and roadmap. You will:
- Define and implement a plan based on intensive discussions with internal business groups; a deep understanding of data warehouse needs; the limits and strengths of the system; the vision and strategy of the foundation.
- Work cross-functionally to establish priorities amongst multiple business partners and commitments.
- Subject Matter Expertise. You will:
- Develop close relationships across the foundation and position yourself as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert in the areas of business intelligence and data warehousing.
- Work closely with Business Managers, Senior Business Analyst, Business Sponsors, IT/Apps Services and External Vendors to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of report delivery.
- Translation and Integration. You will:
- Translate high-level data requirements into solution architecture.
- Produce technical and functional documentation.
- Identify and analyze data sources and prospective data points for solution delivery.
- Develop data services and frameworks to extract, load and transfer data into applications.
- Automate procedures to streamline data integrations across the organization.
- Report Development and Management. You will:
- Design, develop and deploy new custom reports using MS Reporting Services or BI tools.
- Evaluate current reports, modify and consolidate where appropriate.
- Develop suitable outputs and formats such as extractions, reports, graphical, and pivots.
- Perform quality control from unit testing, to end to end and user acceptance.
- Develop Reports Catalogue from the end user perspective.
- Data Warehouse Modifications and Maintenance. You will:
- Support performance optimization and modification (cubes, dimensions, query objects) of BI data warehouse with the external provider.
- Troubleshoot and support BI data warehouse environment with refresh procedures.
- Assess and propose solutions to enhance the architecture of the selected BI solution.
What you bring:
- The education. You have a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- The experience. You have 3-5 years of information management experience supporting large database environments encompassing data analytics, reporting, and metrics. You have:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to review and synthesize information.
- Expertise in producing analytical reports, data visualizations, summaries, and recommendations.
- The communication skills. You can seek out, build and nurture internal and external relationships. You can:
- Translate complex business intelligence and data warehouse concepts for a non-technical audience.
- Disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Present your findings and recommendations to audiences at any level.
- The technical skills. You have expertise with:
- MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- SQL Server query development and stored procedures.
- Data warehousing and OLAP reporting.