Heart & Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease and stroke. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery. We do so by raising funds to support critical research, and by helping people reduce their risk of heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment through risk factor awareness, promoting healthy lifestyles and advocating for healthy public policy. Six core values unite us: Champion Health, Practice Humility, Embrace Change, Drive Impact, Learn & Grow and Be Heartfelt.
Who we need
Reporting to the new Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics, we are looking for a Senior Marketing Analyst to take our Direct Marketing and Lottery programs, products and campaigns to the next level. We need someone who is excited to play a critical role in driving the evolution of technology, strategy and tactics. This is an opportunity to contribute to the success of our direct response fundraising and lottery programs through data-informed analysis that will influence and inform strategies and improvements. Moreover, it’s a chance to apply extensive business intelligence insight to understand donor behaviour better and drive a measurable increase in engagement and donations.
What’s in it for you?
You want to have an impact on society and know that the positive impact of the changes you’ve introduced are driving a greater good. You want to collaborate with a Senior Manager and a team to change the status quo. You want to leverage automation and capitalize on tools and technologies to generate data and reports, so you can focus on the challenges of developing insights. You want to make meaning of numbers - and present those findings to decision makers.
Who you are
A curious, ambitious seeker of continuous improvement and translator of all things data. A Data Analyst who knows how to connect the dots. You may be looking for a step up into a senior role or you may be looking for an opportunity at a national nonprofit foundation. Either way, you have the marketing, business intelligence experience and vision to transform data into meaningful actions. You have extensive experience in reports creation, analysis and working with business intelligence tools and multiple data sources. You can produce complex data reports to identify and interpret trends and generate visualizations that effectively translate data into actionable business insight.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
- Data Management, Segmentation and Analytics. You will:
- Spot trends and make recommendations for adjusting strategies to improve performance.
- Analyze donor behaviour and work with the marketing leads to develop and implement donor segmentation strategies, Ensure the accurate completion of ad hoc and scheduled reports showing results and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for stakeholders.
- Define and write (either directly or through a 3rd party) the specifications for the extraction of data from sources such as Blackbaud CRM, Cornerstone, ExactTarget (Salesforce) and Google Analytics databases for lottery and fundraising campaigns.
- Continuous improvement. You will work with the Senior Manager on process improvements to manage increasing demands on database resources, including standardized data selection forms, minimum coding requirements, self-service options, dashboards, and other items as required such as reporting methods.
- Build strong relationships. You will work with:
- Marketing to ensure critical dates related to data are met.
- IT team to achieve maximum integrations and synergies, especially the development of projects that support the advancement of the team.
- Across the Foundation to identify opportunities for learning, insights and collaboration.
- Internal and external suppliers necessary to support the programs’ objectives.
- Budgeting and Planning Administration. You will:
- Provide data and insights to support the development of program leads’ annual and short term insight-based plans.
- Process contracts and invoices including tracking and administration.
What you bring:
- The education. You have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Data Analytics, Finance or a related field.
- The experience. You have 7 years progressive experience in B2C marketing with a focus on analyzing direct response, email campaigns and database management. Ideally, you have exposure to a non-profit environment and an understanding of donor experience.
- The innovation. You have a proven ability to synthesize, interpret, analyze and report on data findings. You can present results, actions and recommendations based on insights from the data in creative, visual and tangible ways. You are strategic with proven critical thinking.
- The drive. You are self-motivated to research solutions to push the organization forward and improve end-user engagement and retention. You trust in the data but you are continuously seeking more information, diving deeper and taking leaps to connect the dots.
- The communication and relationship skills. You are guided by your integrity and you are comfortable presenting the truth and the facts, however unpopular your findings may be. You can nurture internal and external relationships. You can effectively translate complex data concepts for a non-technical audience.
- The technical skills. You have experience working with databases (Cornerstone and Blackbaud or equivalent) and front-end reporting tools. You are comfortable with SQL, MS Office, and a CRM. You have the technical knowledge to work closely with the Development team to convey parameters around queries and reporting.
If you want to join the fight against heart disease and stroke while building an engaged and giving community, apply here.
To learn more about our mission, our values and the difference our foundation makes in the lives of Canadians at every age, visit our website or check out our latest posts on Twitter.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise, and we will work with you to meet your needs.