Heart & Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery.
Who we need
Reporting to the Manager, Resuscitation Support Centre we need an Associate, Resuscitation Support Centre. Based in Edmonton, this is a contract opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference to the health of Canadians. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be responsible for delivering excellence in customer service to our network to individuals in order to ensure integral support of our of Resuscitation education and training programs. It’s a chance to work with students, instructors, and training agencies to help deliver Heart and Stroke’s strategic objectives.
Who you are
You are passionate about helping others and you want to play a role in setting the guidelines for resuscitation care in Canada to enable, enhance, and support the provision of high-quality resuscitation education and training. You have a people-first mindset - putting people at the center of your thinking. You are patient, organized, and have the ability to stay calm in a high-stress situation.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
- Customer Service Excellence
- Professionally handle incoming requests and inquiries from Resuscitation Program constituents, including gathering and documenting constituent’s information, ensuring that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude while handling customer complaints, providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits.
- Develop and maintain in-depth product knowledge
- Supports the administration of the provider, instructor, and trainer level programs, including:
- Maintaining ongoing communication regarding program delivery, registration status, course requirements, and documentation
- Managing account administration functions, such as account creation and supporting program administrator accounts for training agencies/companies
- Process, maintain, and update documents related to customer accounts and business reports
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the constituent’s experience
What you bring
- The education and experience. You have a diploma and/or certificate in Healthcare, Medical Terminology, Administration or a related field and 2-3 years’ experience in a customer service and/or administrative role. Experience in the non-profit sector is not required, but a bonus.
- The communication skills. You have outstanding written and verbal skills paired with the talent for communicating in a mature and professional manner. Proficiency in French is heavily preferred.
- The ownership. You have excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to problem solve effectively.
- The analytical skills. You have solid attention to detail, project management and data entry skills.
- The technical abilities. You are proficient with MS Office and have experience working with CRM databases.
- The adaptability. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You can effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities